Thursday, March 18, 2010

Szzzzinngggg, Vroom... Vroommmm...

*
Can you hear the sound of vacuum cleaner? Haha, I myself am not sure how does vacuum cleaner sounds like, for I hardly use it. Sorry for not updating this blog earlier and frequently (haha, as I a lot of people do actually read this blog). I was sooo busy with my work, and if people out there still think that being a teacher is easy, think again. Maybe it is easy for some, not for others, I have to admit that. But thing will never be easy for language teachers.
*
Being an English teacher, I have to mark 5 books for each student. Maybe for the Comprehension/ Vocabulary, Grammar, Literature and EW 20 books, I do not have a big challenge (except for laziness). But for Composition/ Summary book, I can tell that all language teachers will sigh after they see a stack of this book even from a class. Why, not only you have to bear with their language, the first and the foremost challenge that you have to encounter is their handwriting! Believe me, even they are form the best class, students do still have terrible handwriting (as if they had just learnt how to write).
*
Plus, this year I have to teach 5 classes which total up of 25 periods in a week. To make thing worst, I have to teach two end classes, 1F and 2E. Frankly speaking, I do not mind if they are not really good in English. I am willing to help them. What I cannot stand is, they actually come to school just to socialize- meeting friends and cause a lot of trouble.
*
With terrible handwriting, they mix up their works- all in one book. Can you imagine, that they are acting like Standard 1 and Standard 2 students. All of my students know that I have colour coding system- each book will have different coloured sticker. But still, they are colour blind and write everything in one book. When a teacher asked them to take out book, they will simply take anybook and start writing the notes or exercise. Why? They just wanted to show that they HAVE A BOOK, it does not matter if they use the wrong ones. Plus, they wanted to aviod from being scolded by the teacher for not bringing the book. *Sigh...
*****
Enough of school story, I do not have any heart to talk about it since I have a lot of responsiblities that I have to handle this year. I just pray to Allah that next year will not be the leader for sports house. Yikes! It is not that I hate sports, no. Although I am not talented, I still support sports. The thing that matters the most is, I will be burdened up will all those things which will end up me not being able to do my core buisiness -> teaching!
*
Since this year is the Year of Tiger, feng shui predicted that I will not have a prosperous life this year. Oh God, how come this prediction come true?
*
I was involved in an accident last week. To cut the story short, I was about to take a right turn when suddenly I heard something banged into my car. Then only I realised that I was hit by a motorcyclist. I dragged them (the motorcyclist and the motorcycle as well, of course) for almost 2 meters.
*
The driver who drove behind me stopped to help me and asked me to call 999. Panicked, I just followed what he said. It took me about a few seconds for the operator to answer my call, then she connected me to Hospital Segamat. It took them almost 10 to 15 minutes to pick up the phone and when I reported about the accident, the operator yelled back to me, asking me to speak in Bahasa. Mind you, what happened if the person who make the phone call is a Chinese who cannot speak Bahasa at all? Don't you ever say that this kind of people (Malaysian who cannot speak Bahasa at all) do not exist. I met this kind of people, which unfortunately they are my students' parents.
*
After making that phone call, I called my father to inform him and of course, asked him to come. After I finished talking on the phone, I heard one of the makciks (annoying one) saying this (refering to me):
"Entah tak tahu dia tu, asyik bercakap kat telefon je. Tak tahu la dah telefon ambulan ke belum"
*
Luckily I was not wearing my two inches courtshoes, if not, I will definately took it off and throw it at the annoying makcik.
*
I do not know what was inside the makcik's brain. Clearly, she was not thinking before speaking. Mind you, if I do not use my phone/ speaking on the phone, I will not be able to call the ambulance! So people, if you witness any accident, make sure that you are there to help, not to be a busy body just like that makcik.
*
And she kept on annoying me, speaking as if I'm the one who made the mistake hitting that guy. Even after the uncle who drove behind me told the spectators that it was not my mistake, I think the makcik is budék, or pretending not to hear that it was not my fault. The uncle kept on telling them that I have gave signal to enter the junction. It is still clear in my mind that the opposite road was totally clear. The motorcyclist tried to overtook me. But, insted of overtook me, he hitted me!
*
Enough of this annoying story of an annoying makcik. If you look at the pictures below, you might say that the effects was little. But believe me, it was a total disaster.
The door behind my seat was dented and it cannot be closed properly (you can tell that it was hit by the motorcyclist's helmet), my side mirror was broken, the awning at my side was cracked, my sport rim was scratched. Even my front bumper was in a total mess. I was speechless when I looked at my car. The only thing that I pray hard at this moment is; God, please make sure that the guy does not die.
*
*
*
Anybody interested to take this number and try to buy 4D Sports TOTO or Magnum?

*

No comments: