Monday, August 07, 2006

Wangi Jadi Saksi

Last two nights, I went to Auditorium Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka (DBP) to watch a theatre, 'Wangi Jadi Saksi' directed by a marvellous director, U-Wei HjShaari.
It was a remarkable theatre. Unlike Flagrante Delicto who put the whole company on the stage (rombongan che kiah ke TAS@BSC), U-Wei just need 7 actors (plus 1 actor who played as Hang Jebat for matinee performance) to make his dream come true. Of course he select the best actors for his play. His charima is unquestionable. Vanidah Imran who acted as Dang Wangi had proven she is worth as an actress.
I don't think that I should say much about this play. Just look at the casts
Dato' Rahim Razali
Khir Rahman
Vanidah Imran
Khalid Salleh
Sabri Yunos
Mohd Shoffi Jikhan
Sobri Anuar
Well, what else can I say? However, one thing that I think something that U-Wei should not do is to put the blame on Javanese people over the death of Hang Jebat. Yes, Jebat is a traitor, and Wangi Jadi Saksi is just a version of the death of Jebat. Maybe U-Wei would like to think about it, again.
Well, now I'm waiting to watch 'Sax and Phone' next year which is also directed by U-Wei. I'm sure that it will be an unforgottable film.

No comments: