Tuesday, March 27, 2007

meeting with supervisor

Before our meeting with Cik Pah, suddenly I felt a bit scared. I just don’t know why, although I had prepared my research paper and almost have completed it. I have written everything that I want to write including the section of ‘Implication towards Education”.
During our meeting, Cik Pah suggested to me to add something in my paper. It is about how the portrayal of female characters in both plays similar or differs from Malay women. Does this kind of women is accepted in the society are they are totally out of place.
Frankly, I think it is very hard for me to do it. I just don’t know how to relate it to my culture and my race (I am partially Malay, but according to my birth cert, I am Malay).
Points that I have included in my paper are about similarities and differences of character traits of female characters in both plays. The similarities are how they live in delusion, how the title of the plays foreshadows their fate and their inability to accept the reality of aging. The only difference that I include is how these female characters react towards charm and attraction.
I just don’t know what to do. Maybe I need someone who can knock some sense in my head, or maybe I can see Cik Siti to ask help from her. Help me! I don’t want to drown.

No comments: