Friday, March 09, 2007

Research Paper- A Torture of Learning Experience?

Having to write a research paper might be a bless for some of us. Bit for others, they might hate it. Personally, I don’t know in which group I belong, maybe both. Sometimes, I think it is good for us to have this research paper to be done as we will have the opportunity to get to know more about certain writer. At the same time, I think it is also a burden. I felt tortured by this research paper for what I have to go through, especially preparing the drafts. Drafts are ugly, horrible, dreadful, but the final essay is pretty, nice. Just like Blanche said, “… funerals are pretty compared to death. Funerals are quiet, but deaths- not always.”
Sometimes I felt just want to blurt out. But that’s students’ life; assignment is just a part and parcel of our life. Not to mention educational hazard that we have to go through. I’m sure that all out there had experienced the same thing. So many works to do and so little time left.
Coming back to my research paper, I felt it is difficult to personalize it because there are a lot of people had written about it. I think of doing Malaysian literature, comparing This End of the Rainbow with Green is the Colour. However, when I look back at the calendar, it might be quite late to change it. Yeah, as long as the final essay hasn’t been submitted, I can still change it. But I hate to feel the torture again to search for reference materials.
Educational hazard a.k.a. learning experience. Hate it, but you still have to face it.

No comments: