Thursday, February 12, 2009

Edwin Malachi Vethamani

*
Anybody familiar with this name? Ehehehe, yes this guy is one of our favourite lecturer in UPM. His ever famous swear is “what the bloody…”
*
Although he likes to curse us, we considered it as a kind of blessing form him. It doesn’t matter whether he is angry with us or he thinks something is funny, he will still swear to us. I can still remember, during on of our Simulated Teaching slot, about three of my friends accidentally wrote Stimulated Teaching at the front cover. Then he just yelled:
“Who are these people? I told you this is a Simulated Teaching, NOT Stimulated Teaching. Whose the bloody **** you want to stimulate?”
*
Although he was angry at that time, we laughed. Mwahaha… and he laughed too after that.
*
Nevertheless, we are still grateful for given opportunity to be his students. We love him no matter that he called us. He taught us a lot of thing, how to teach effectively, how to create exercises, how to gain students’ attention, till the smallest thing like giving instruction.
*
I’m sure, most of my friends were inspired by him and hope that we can further our study in Master under his supervision.
*
Among other lecturers, he was the only one who carried out a survey to us about him and how he teaches. Some of the questions were:
What was the most difficult text that you have learnt from me?
What was the most memorable lesson that you have with me?
How would you remember me as your teacher/ lecturer?
Is there anything that you would like to tell me?
*
I considered this questionnaire as the most frank survey. He allowed us to say anything that we like or dislike about him. About question number 3, I wrote “I will remember you as the only person who always reminds us that literature is all about sex” hehehehe…
*
Oh ya, he loves to remind this to us, as he taught literature. Among four semesters that we had at UPM, there was only one semester where he didn’t teach us. We missed him tenderly that semester. However, it was repaid as he taught us two subjects for the following semester. Jokingly, he told us, “what a terrible semester that I have this time. I have to teach you two subjects, and the worst part is, I have to see you twice today” Nghaha…
*
To Dr Ed., no matter how many ‘baldi’ (pail) of ‘bloody’ that you have said to us, we still love you. Thank you so much for your teachings and times that you have spent with us.
**

No comments: