Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chronology of My Convocation-Part 2

9.00 a.m.
Ocean of people queuing up to take the robe. I was a little bit lost, so I called Faiz. She told me that she’s still on her way, and asked me to call Sam since she’s already there.
Sammy, ko kat ne? Kena beratur katne?
(Although I’m an English teacher, we do still speak Bahasa most of the time. I’m sure Dr. Ed will kill us if he knows about this)
Ko cari line yang paling pendek skali kat Kaunter 1
Wokeh. Thanks”
Where is Kauter 1?
I walk all around DKAP before I finally see Kaunter 1. It takes almost 30 minutes at that counter before we move on to Kaunter 2.

Kaunter 2
As we worked together to make sure everybody can do their job quicker and faster, it took almost 30 minutes too at this counter.

Kaunter 3
This, is the MOST TERRIBLE COUNTER. We took ALMOST TWO AND A HALF HOURS ONLY AT THIS COUNTER. What a terrible thing!!! This is not the first time UPM held convocation. I expect that at this counter everything will be like the previous two counters. To make things worse, as usual, Malaysian are very ‘good’ at queuing up. Everybody was just like goat, pushing each other to the counter. After waiting almost an hour, one of the officers suddenly announced,

Beratur, beratur, kalau tak saya tutup kaunter
What the …
This can be avoided if the put a tape or anything to segregate from one counter to another, just like the past three counters. We were push to the back and all the blisters on my feet start to ache again. To make things worse, the guy on front or me stepped on my feet a few times. Pergh!
Bad, bad experience.

Kaunter 4
Finally, we reached this counter after ‘fighting’ at Kaunter 3.

Kaunter tidak bernama
Jual, jual. Beg konvo. Satu 6 ringgit, dua 10 ringgit
Faiz: Jom kita share. Save 2 ringgit.
Ain: Wokeh. (Hihihihi)

End of Part 2, although it is not the end of that day, as we (me, Faiz, my sister and her Encik-Tunang) go round to shopping (Yay, for me and Faiz)

No comments: