Monday, October 13, 2008

Edisi Syawal- When My Students Came….

Part 1
“Assalamualaikum, cikgu Ain ada?”
My eyes suddenly open wide. Who’s that? I was almost falling asleep when a voice searches for me. Alamak! Student aku datang.
Quickly I throw my pillow in my room a grab my towel. At that time, my brother had already welcomed them. When I returned from the bathroom and wore my spectacles, there you are…. Adib and Faiz. My students from 2A.
Edisi terjah rumah cikgu.

Part 2
Ring… ring…
“Helo Ain ada?”
“Ye saya.”
“Cikgu, saya nak datang rumah cikgu ni. Cikgu masak
best-best tau.”
My kek batik was on its way to cool and I don’t even think that they can eat it while it is hot.
Assalamualaikum…
Waalaikumsalam. Masuk la
And there they are… another troupe of students from 2A.
One comment, “Cikgu, air cikgu masam.”
And I just laugh. For me, orange must be sour, if not, it is not orange.
Ahaks!

Part 3
“Cikgu, bukak pintu, saya nak raya.”
Another troupe of students from 2C.
“Cikgu, mana mee goreng ke, mee sup ke? Takkan kuih dengan air je?”
“Excuse me, saya sendiri puasa. Nak masak apa, saya masak untuk buka ajela nanti. Lagi satu, kalau air saya masam jangan komen. Saya sendiri tak rasa. Di ulangi sekali lagi, saya puasa.
It is true, that the drinks that I prepared are sour (as usual!)
RM 2 x 4 = RM 8

Part 4
“Assalamualaikum…”
“Waalaikumsalam. Masuk la
Argh tidak!!! Kenapa kau datang lagi???”(nada lucu)
Ala cikgu, saya temankan adik sepupu saya sekali ni… lepas ni nak pegi rumah Naurah
Masuk, cam biasa, kalau air saya masam, jangan komen. Saya puasa lagi hari ni.
Another troupe of students, From 1 Excl, 2A and their siblings. Total, 5.
“Assalamualaikum…”
“Waalaikumsalam. Masuk la
Another troupe of students, from 2C and 2D. Yes, and there he is. He didn’t turn up to school, but he came to my house. Alahai anakku…
Total, 6.
Comment: “Cikgu, arini air cikgu best.
As the result, 3 jugs of orange cordial gone is just a short while. Uhuks, apa dah jadi?
RM 2 x 11 = RM 8

We’ll see, what will happen next year. Maybe next year I will be able to throw an open house for them. I still have one year to brush up my cooking skills.

To my students, thanks for the visit. For Hasrol, maybe next time I'll go to your house. Tapi cikgu tak janji! Ihiks!!

No comments: