Saturday, August 29, 2009

BookFest @ KLCC

I spent three days at KL and my main motive is to visit BookFest at Klcc, organized by Popular Bookstore. As a book lover, I consider this as an important thing to do (another motive is to find FT's latest book, Ingin Jadi Nasrallah).
*
I do not remember how many hours that I spent at the BookFest. But what I know is, I have spent more than RM 2000. I bought some books for myself, considering that I just celebrate my 25th birthday and I must buy something for myself as a present.
*
When I reached at the Convention Centre, I was actually surprised that visitors have to pay to enter the BookFest, RM 2 per person and it is valid for the whole day. Before that, I was stopped by guard and they checked our temperature and stick a blue sticker for those who passed. I understand that people fear this H1N1 virus.
I stopped at Grolier's booth and spent almost 30 minutes at that booth (maybe more tahn 30 minutes). The salesperson tried to convince me to buy three sets of book and it costs me RM 1888. Phew, I did actually reserve soem money from this month's salary just to buy FT book's. Suddenly I bought soemthing else. Never mind, I consider it as an investment for the future.

Grolier's booth

After completing my order at Groiler's booth, I started book hunting. I was a little bit lost until I found an area which sold a lot of Islamic books by Galeri Ilmu and PTS. Wow! 25% rebate if you buy other books too. So I grabbed Ustaz Hasrizal's books and Kak Anis' book. I have been considering buying those books since they promote it in my favourite mag, Anis.

These are some of the books that I bought at BookFest. However, the first three books were not bought at BookFest, but I bought it at MPH, Mid Valley. Luckily I bout it at MPH since it is quite difficult to find Malay books at Popular (it I'm not mistaken, Popular is based from Singapore).

I also bought books for my friend's twin as I really forgot about the invitation that she gave me for her sons' birthday. So sorry... I also bought stamp so that my job will be easier. Luckily I found it as I have been searching for it since early of this year. Jokingly I told the promoter, the first stamp that will be out of ink is 'INCOMPLETE', and it is actually true.

English novels? I have two to three more novels to finish but I still buy new ones... Sigh...
*

No comments: