Sunday, August 30, 2009

Flowers...

*
I'm not the kind of person who loves flowers. No no. In fact as far as I remember, I always dislike flower, especially bougainvillea, as I had bad experience with this flower. However, when I grow up, I have been searching a flower that reflects myself (still could not figure out why).
*
Finally, I found tulip. I was so in love with this flower. It does not matter, any colours, but for me it reflects myself. Alone, simple and strong. Surprisingly, this flower can grow in cold and snowy winter. Most tulip have one flower for one stem, but a few species have up to four flowers.
*
*
Then, a few years back, I watched this film (which now one of my favourite film), Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam. Yes, I love sundal malam, or in English we call it as tuberose.
*
Seharum bunga yang menggoda
Sekadar di pandang usah di puja
Kau pasti tak percaya kasihku bukan
Untukmu sayang...
*
I have never come across this flower (since I have come across with tulip at Mid Valley). I can fall in love with this flower and it surprises me myself. Based on what I read from Internet, most cultures believes that this flower is a magical flower. Most importantly, this flower is used as one of the ingredients in making perfumes.
*
The first time I came across this flower is a few months ago, when I joined the trip to Cameron- Kelantan- Terengganu. Although I have never seen it in real life before, I quickly notice this flower. And yes, the smell is so magical.
*
If you watch Sepet, in one of the scene you will see Orked (Sharifah Amani) told Jason that she loves tuberose. She told Jason, "it smells like heaven". Surprisingly, it is also true! When I went to KL a few days ago, I stopped at KL Sentral (which is one of my favourite lepak place) and there is an exhebition about Independence. At first, I did not look at the flower arrangement (knowing that I do not really like flowers). Then, I smell a sweet smell and it is familiar to me. I looked around and I quickly spotted this flower!
*
*
I just love these flowers. And I do not wish to fall in love with other flowers. Hopefully I can plant my very own tuberose at my very own home. It will be such a Home Sweet Home... ^_^

*

No comments: