Thursday, July 01, 2010

When They Follow My Footstep

This is a backdated entry
*
Can you guess what's happening?
*
*
*
It was Open Day, the day where parents come and meet the teachers, listening to the never ending complains about their kids. Why complains? Because sometimes students will react differently to different teachers.
*
Well, it was not just an ordinary Open Day, it was also Coop Day. I am not suppose to be around on that day, since I received a letter about three weeks before, informed me that I have to attend a course.
*
My kids told me that they wanted to open a stall, but I automatically said NO! because I will not be around on that day (hmph, as if I can help them if I am around. The truth is, when parents start to come, teachers will sit still in the class to talk, talk, talk, talk, talk and talk, talk, talk). But still, they disobeyed me. The truth is, I know that they can do it on their own, but I still feel that I need to be around when they do it (sounds very much like a mother, cesss).
*
Since they really want to do it, I just helped them here and there. I printed the wording, gave them the sugar paper (I insisted that they should not buy it, since I have a lot of sugar paper) and made the signpost.
*

Confetti Corner by 2A

*
Azrul was smiling from ear to ear when he saw this mini signpost for their stall. At first I did not realise it, since I really feel that this is super simple. But I had to look at his face because he did not utter even a word when he saw it. Then he said "Teacher, this is so sweet". I felt like crying at that moment...
*
Azrul, the leader. He opened a stall last year with his friends. I guess that's why he is very eager to do it again. He is the most talkative boy in my class, but yet, he can be a good leader at the same time. I can still remember how I punished him last year because he was talking non- stop. Azrul, sometimes you really make my day.
*
This is what happened when I left my handphone for a while. They were camwhoring!
*
So, my not- so- little kids opened their 'corner'. They did not make a lot of money, but I believed that they gained a lot of experiences through this activity.
*
The team: Aimie, Wani, Azrul, Afham and Noh Hairi.
*
That's before the sale.
*
This one is after they have closed their corner.
*
The last picture shows that Azrul is still working eventhough the sale was over. He even prepared a drink for me (a ridiculos one, but still I enjoy it). The drink was a mixture of carbonated drink with serbuk asam. Could not image how does it taste? Try it on your own.
*
Oh, if you are womdering why the title of this post is 'When They Follow My Footstep', this is simply because, I am a Coop teacher too! Indirectly I am also involed with business. Pengurus Belian dan Jualan lagi...

No comments: