Thursday, November 13, 2008

Open Day

Being a form teacher sometimes cause me headache. I love my students even they are naughty, not-so-clever, being rude to me. And having to face their parents also made me having several sleepless nights. What should I say? Am I suppose to tell the truth, that his/her son/daughter were extremely rude to me in class? (I will never forget that one particular students, urgh!)

But the day still come. I did not expect much, most of their parents won’t turn up. That’s what I told myself. But alas, they proved me wrong. Among 37 students, around 25 parents turned up that day! I dare to say that my PR is not that good, as I don’t really know what to say to them, except about their result and how they behaved in my class (luckily my friend did not turned up to take his brother’s report book- I taught my friend’s younger brother! Gosh, I hate it!)

Anyway, one of the mothers touched my heart. I can sense that she was extremely happy with her son’s result (during mid year exam, he got 14/37, but for final year exam, he got 7/37). She was overjoyed when I told her that her son did actually asked questions in my class. Back than, she said, her son would never ask any question to the teachers. Although he still did not pass my paper, he shows a lot of improvements, not only in my subject, but other subjects too.

For that particular student, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your study and life. Even if I won’t teach you anymore, you can still come and ask me anything that you don’t understand.

For me, it doesn’t matter if you are not a top scorer in study. What’s more important is to be a real human being.

Menjadi manusia dalam ertikata yang sebenar, bukan orang-orang.

No comments: