Friday, January 12, 2007

First Step: Preparing the Thesis Statement

Although at first I actually thinking of doing a Malaysian writer’s work, Adibah Amin, later I find that it will not help me much in my second assignment, which is research paper. Doing a Malaysian writer is a challenge, but it means that I will have to do more work.
Therefore, I decided to work on A Streetcar Named Desire, one of those dramas that we have learnt in the previous semester. I don’t know why, themes that relates to men and women relationship always attract my attention. I’m not a sexist, nevertheless, I think this topic does relate in our daily lives.
As I’ve mentioned in my previous posts, making a thesis statement is the crucial thing before we can start our position paper and how ‘senseless’ topic statement to me. However, when our tutor asked us to come out with a thesis statement, I finally managed to come out with a thesis statement. Hopefully this thesis statement will guide we to move on to the next phase in writing a position paper.

No comments: