Thursday, January 11, 2007

Here Comes Again… THESIS STATEMENT

Having learnt that we are supposed to make a thesis statement for our first assignment, one thing came across my mind- Expository Writing. Yes, I’ve learnt that subject years ago at IPTI (formerly known as MPTI). Yes, that subject, the subject that doesn’t make any sense for me. We had been drilled by our lecturer to make thesis statement again and again. However, I actually did not understand what the purpose of it, why we need to learn how to write thesis statement for the whole semester. It doesn’t make any sense for me, but now it does.
Writing a good thesis statement is the most important thing before we start to write our position. Frankly, when Dr. Edwin briefed us about the course outline, I’ve already have in mind what I want to do for the research paper. Something related to Tennessee Williams, but not for position paper. Never mind, I’m sure I’ll find the suitable text to be discuss in my position paper. Maybe I’ll write about ‘This End of the Rainbow’ a novel which was released last year by Adibah Amin… in conjunction of 50 years of independence…

No comments: