Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Topic Sentence oh Topic Sentence!

Although my thesis statement had been accepted, there is another problem that I have to face which is to prepare the topic sentence. Topic sentence is like supporting points which is needed to complete our position paper.
Why it is so difficult? Well, the main reason is because Han is a just supporting character. The whole novelette is about Ayu, since she was small until present (when she is studying at University Malaya, Singapore during pre independence).
If it is so difficult, why at the first place I choose Han as a character to be analyze? For me, Han is a very interesting character. As his nickname is ‘The Cynic’, he is actually not a very cynical person. It is just that he just love to question his ‘freshie’ about their beliefs and attitude towards interracial relationship. Furthermore, Han is a special character who makes Ayu to think again and again about interracial relationship and how to live harmoniously with each other.
Oppss, maybe you don’t know what I am talking about. Well, actually I am preparing my position paper for the subject that I learn this semester and the text that I choose is ‘This End of the Rainbow’ by Adibah Amin.
Till now, see you in the next journal!!!

No comments: