Friday, December 05, 2008

Faisal Tehrani

*
*
The first time I came across his name was in Dewan Siswa, April 1995. He wrote his ‘ever famous’ short story, Kerana Manisnya Epal, and I really love it. Allahyarham Othman Puteh (Hizairi’s father) commented on his writing.
*
After that, I never really pay attention to the writer, although I love to read short stories (my habit, every time I hold a mag, I will find the short story first and then only I read the mag. If there’s no short story, most likely, I will not read the mag!)
*
In 2000, the gov decided to introduce literature in language, both Bahasa and English. That’s the time I came across the same short story again, Kerana Manisnya Epal and I was taken to the moment when I came across it five years back. Yes, the same story!
*
Again, I ‘abandoned’ him until I finally get the opportunity to meet him face to face in 2003. At that time, I was at MPTI. Wow! I never though that I could see him (the same expression that I have when I met Rudy for the first time. Hehehe…)
*
About three year later, then only I read his works seriously. From that moment, I never look back and I can say that I’m addicted to his writing. As I myself hate love stories, I’m finally relived when finally I came across a writer who wrote about other issues.
*
When I found his blogs, I became a follower to his blogs (until he decided to open it only to invited readers).
*
When I did the first spring clean about three months ago, suddenly I realised that I actually admired his writing since before. One of it is ‘Malam di Kunjungi Barbara’.
*
As for now, I’m waiting to buy one of his novel that I’ve lost, 1511H-[Kombat]! Good luck FT!
*
Some of his works that I have:
1515
Kekasih Sam Po Bo
Bila Tuhan Berbicara
1511H-[KOMBAT]
Tuhan Manusia
Surat-Surat Perempuan Johor
Manikam Kalbu
Bedar Sukma Bisu
Detektif Indigo
Ikan Fugu, Lukisan & Jimson
Detektif Indigo Kembali
Karbala
Nama Beta Sultan Alauddin
Saasatul Ibad
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tapi syg,feisaltehrani ini amat sukar menerima pandangan org lain.aku kenal dia ati budi,egonya sgt tinggi.hanya dia yg betul.syg sekali.

ay_yusof said...

mr/ms anon: i admire his works so much! other than that, its beyond my business