Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Hizairi Othman

“Usia masuk 20-an, saya malu meminta wang keluarga”




That’s what Hizairi Othman told reporter from Jelita (September 2000). This sentence inspired me to be on my feet financially although at that time I was in Form Four.



I couldn’t really recall how I ‘accidentally’ admire Hizairi. But I guess, it was because of his writings, mainly short stories in local newspaper. I couldn’t recall what are the short stories that he wrote, because as far as I remember I read his short stories almost every weekend. (Ruangan Cerpen bagi akhbar Berita Minggu dan Mingguan Malaysia).

When he won the first prize for Formula Malaysia in 2000, I was overjoyed (although I have to say that I don’t really understand what he wrote). However, I still remember the title of the short story ‘Bulan Di Puncak Notre-Dame’. It was published in the newspaper for two Sundays because the short story is quite long.

In 2001, I came across news about him and I was shocked. You can read the article below.


Until his father passed away a few years ago, they still couldn’t find him. Up till now, I never come across any news about him. However, one of his short stories was publish in Antologi Kacak Jelita (2008) as he was a part of MPR.

I still hold to what Hizairi said to the reporter eight years ago.

Where are you Hizairi?

*

No comments: