Monday, September 29, 2008

Edisi Syawal- Seminggu sebelum Syawal

I carried out a test for my Form 2A students. What a pity! A week before Hari Raya they still have to sit for a test. I’ve told them to study. It’s easy, they have seen the question. To ensure that they do not copy each other’s answer, I prepared four sets of questions. Because it is a literature test, I took the questions from PMR questions for Set 1, 2 and 3. For Set 4, I gave them Trengganu’s PMR Trial question.

After they have answered the test, I collected the paper, and told them.
“I will try to mark your paper as soon as possible. For those who fail, my punishment is still the same (they know what I mean-lompat bintang!). for those who get highest marks for each set, will be given reward. For those who get Set 4, your reward will be twice more. We’ll see later.”

That very day, I’ve finished marking their paper. 40 of them, 3 absentees. 10 failed. I tried not to be sexist or racist. Or any kind of favouritism.
And the result is…
Set 1- only one student who got high marks 8/10
Set 2, 3 and 4- for each set, two students got high marks 9/10

I do what I say, so, I gave them reward. For those who got high marks for Set 1, 2 and 3, they got RM 5 each. And those who got high marks for Set 4, they got RM 10.

I think it is quite fair. As Raya is approaching, duit raya is the best reward for them. Luckily I just got my pay. So, for they day, RM 45 flew from my wallet. Never mind, once in a while. Tak boleh selalu ma… kopak aku!

No comments: