Friday, September 26, 2008

Dah Nak Raya...

Hurray, hurray,
It's a holi-holday!

Raya selalu di kaitkan dengan cuti. Tapi tak semua cuti di kaitkan dengan raya. Sori yek!

Last week, I asked my students about festivals/ celebration in Malaysia. And when I asked them what would be the most special thing about Hari Raya, they answered,
"Boleh main mercun cikgu"
Other than that?
"Boleh main meriam buluh cikgu"
Yes, they call me cikgu. My English class has turned up to be a Bahasa class.
Anyway, some of them answered,
"Solat terawih cikgu"
And I said,
"What??? What the..."
Aiya... solat terawih cuma dalam bulan puasa/ Ramadhan je la anak-anakku...

I don't understand why, these kids, at the age of 14, they seem like still blurr about Hari Raya, until I asked my dad. (Yes, I always talk to my dad about my students) And what my dad answered?
"Budak-budak sekarang bukan macam budak-budak dulu. Nama je dah beso, tapi perangai macam budak kecik gak. Cara pemikiran pun macam budak sekolah rendah lagi."

Oho... I see...

*For all bloggers, Selamat Hari Raya. For my students, Selamat Hari Raya too, I might not teach you anymore after this. Ciao!

No comments: