Saturday, May 16, 2009

Teacher’s Day- Awards for My Teachers

*
Without them, I won’t be able to be a teacher at the moment. Other than parents, I must thank them for giving me the knowledge and spent a lot of time with me. I just want to list down those teachers who marked my life as a student since I was in Standard One up to Form Five.
*
My Bahasa Malaysia teacher:
I had wonderful Bahasa teachers.
My Standard One teacher, Allahyarhamah Cikgu Noor Asmara Binti Hussain taught me with tender loving care. Not only to me, but my brother too. She was too kind to us, yet Allah loves her more. Al- Fatihah.
My Form Four and Form Five teacher, Cikgu Norzana Binti Omar. If she’s not my teacher, I don’t think that I’m a teacher now. Indirectly, what she taught me makes me survived my undergrads years. As my major is English and my minor is Literature, I keep on telling myself again and again that, if not because of Literature, I might have quit my course. And the person who inspires me a lot is Cikgu Norzana. I will never forget that. I have to say that I’m lucky as Cikgu Norzana now is not only my ex teacher, but also my colleagues as she is Guru Kanan Bidang Bahasa at my school.
*
My English teacher:
Who will forget Miss Woon Ai Li at SKBK? She taught me, my siblings and even my students! I’m sure that she had left a lot of prints in her students’ memory as she had served at SKBK for a long time. I will never forget when she told us

“I, you, we, they no –s”

And this is what I told my students too.
*
My Mathematics teacher:
Err… Cikgu Arbai, can you teach me the topic “Fungsi” again?
Owh ya, Cikgu Arbai Bin Samingon taught me Add Math when I was in Form Four and Form Five. He has his own charms and the way he taught me and my friends… I just can’t express it in words. I wasn’t a super smart student. In fact, throughout two years learning Add Math, I only passed once. And it wasn’t for my trial exam, no. I failed my Add Math for SPM trial. Mind you. But with his help, I managed to get B for Add Math in SPM.
*
My History teacher:
I will never forget how he wrote his notes on the blackboard. It was in mind- map form and it covered every corner of the blackboard. That’s how he taught us, Cikgu Azmi Bin Sukiman. Now, he is working at Pejabat Pendidikan Daerah (PPD). I never loved History so much until he taught me. Imagine, I failed my History paper for the First Term when I was in Form Four, yet, I managed to get A2 for this subject in the Second Term. Indeed, it WAS a miracle to me.
*
Those are some of the teachers who have marked my live. To my ex teachers, I pray that God will repay whatever good deeds that you have done. May you have a Happy Teacher’s Day.
*
I do not wish to tagged anybody to to this in their blog, but you may do so if you want to. If you want the picture of the awards, you can take it too.

5 comments:

ustazkhairul said...

Teringat akan seorang guruku yang pernah berkata...Pelajarilah ilmu sebab mempelajarinya adalah taqwa... menuntutnya ada ibadah... menelaahnya adalah tasbih... mencarinya adalah jihad... mengajarinya adalah sedekah dan memberikannya kepada ahlinya adalah kebaktian... Selamat Hari Guru kepada semua guru, ustaz, muallim, mudarris dan murabbi... -daripada Ust Khairul SMK Buloh Kasap.

ryyhan said...

x nk award aku as cikgu paling garang ker?

hahaha...

ay_yusof said...

ustaz: thanks for the reminder

ms tepung: adik beradik aku tak nak amik kira.sebab selain ko ajar aku add math, ko selalu tipu aku gak. ko ingat aku tak ingat lagi ke "biskuita kabana"???? hmph! (aku pun selalu tipu ko part masak memasak. ekekekeke...)

fendy_ahmad said...

Saudari Penulis,

Saya temui blog anda ni melalui google...

Topik ni sungguh buat saya terkesan sebab nama-nama yang disebutkan itu banyak yang saya ketahui.

Cikgu Arba'i juga ajar saya Add Math dahulu ... Cikgu Norzana tidak pernah ajar saya tetapi dia guru BM kelas sebelah sewaktu saya di Tingkatan 5 ...

Saya produk STS 1995-1999

Selamat mengajar cikgu :)

ay_yusof said...

Saudara Fendy,
Salam
Tak sangka jumpa senior STS melalui blog ini. Tahun 1999 saya masih di dalam Tingkatan 3 Agama 2. Pastinya saudara dulu sengakatan dengan Abang Fadzlin kan?