Monday, June 06, 2011

What's Your Fragrance?

I was reading my old Her World magazine when I came across an article about how a smell could ring a bell of memory of someone or incident. As far as I am concern, I had this phobia of perfumes when I was 4 or 5 years old.

Back than, I was a little rascal (I bet I am still one!). While playing with my brother one day, I accidentally shower myself with my father's perfume. (Until now I could not remember the brand or the smell. Hopefully it is not the perfume that my mom gave to my father as a part of the hantaran!) Too bad, instead of feeling happy for the nice smell, I had rashes all over my body. Those days, I had allergic to a lot of things. Perfumes, seafood... just name it.

When I grow up, I tried to challenge my fear of perfumes and yes, I did it! My first perfume (if I say it is a real one) is a bottle of roll on EDT that you can buy at the price of RM 6- RM 10 and the smell was strawberry. Hi hi.

I realized that the smell that I picked is very much influenced my mom's opinion. She loves Sweet Honesty and I tried it too. When I checked my cosmetic pouch on my dressing table, I came across 2 bottles of roll on Sweet Honesty. Too bad, I do not find it sweet anymore.

Then, I jumped into Body Shop. Why? Because the price is affordable and you can find it almost anywhere. I fall in love automatically with this particular perfume. It makes me hungry and craving for it. The first thing that came to my mind was, will my students dare to 'bite' me if they smell this? Ha ha. I know someone will 'bite' me if I wear it. *wink*wink*

Choclatey taste and smell, yes, it was my dear Amorito. Amorito, love.

Untill end of last year, I was running out of it. I search for it up and down. All the way from KL to JB. To my disappointment, it has been discontinue (just like Dewberry). The best thing that I can do at that time was looking for another perfume that has more or less the same note. Therefore, I found Vanilla.

I realized that Sweet Honesty, Amorito and Vanilla have one thing in common. The base note for these perfumes is vanilla. A flower that you can use as a part of your food and perfume. However, I hate vanilla as a flavor in food. I hate vanilla ice-cream, I hate vanilla roll. I hate the sweet taste.

Yet, I love the sweet smell.



I still miss my Amorito, and my dear amorito too.

2 comments:

ღnFashyaღ said...

DKNY- Be delicious. yang lain tak boleh terima, Fening

ay_yusof said...

Aku pakai tu juga. Tapi tak sesuai dengan aku kot. Budak budak suka aku pakai yang ni.